Shabby Miss Jenn

Monday, January 28, 2008

A Mixed Weekend

I will call this past weekend a mixed weekend because it was full of both good and bad things…well, mostly all good, but sometimes even one bad thing can put a kink in things!

This past weekend was my annual church crop with all of my girlfriends. For any of you who might not know what a “crop” is that is another term for working on your scrapbook (i.e., “cropping”!) Anyway, my friend Jenn works at a church and each year they have an annual weekend crop that runs Friday and Saturday. This is something we all look forward to each year, unfortunately it has ALWAYS fallen on Scott’s birthday weekend (Jenn, can you look into changing that for next year…PRETTY PLEASE!!) Scott is always a great sport about this, and I always make sure plenty of grandparents are lined up to help with the girls! This year was another great crop! I actually feel like I got a lot of great pages accomplished, which is not normally the case since we normally do more talking than cropping! We cropped till about 12:30 a.m. on Friday evening and then again from 9:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. on Saturday. After that I surprised Scott by taking him out to one of his favorite restaurants for dinner…d’ Bronx! My mom and Jon went, as well as the girls, and Kristi and Jeremy were even nice enough to meet up with us and make it a little more festive (even though they were kidless and could have had a date night!)

So where is the bad part you ask, well Sunday was Scott’s actual birthday. We got up and had breakfast and the girls and I gave him a small gift and then we all went down to the basement to play. I heard Scott banging around in the storage room and he had decided to install some lights in the storage area. Seville was getting tired, so I laid her down and then decided to take a shower because I was suppose to go to my friend’s baby shower at 1:00 p.m. While I was drying my hair Hadley walked up and said “Mommy, Daddy needs your help real quick. There is a hole and water is going to go all over the basement and ruin everything!” So I rush downstairs (thankful that my daughter is now old enough to alert me to such things) and I see Scott standing on a ladder holding a pipe. He lets go and I hear a loud hissing sound…no water (Hadley had that part wrong), but freon gas (which we knew very little about until yesterday)! My hair was wet, I was in a towel, and Scott needed my help…AHHH!!! I went to the neighbor’s to get duct tape, but that didn’t work. We started calling various parents and eventually had to just let the freon gas dilute into the house. We didn’t know if this was bad for our health or not, so I decided to throw the kids in the car (cancel the baby shower I was suppose to attend) and head out to my Mom and Jon’s. We found out later that the gas isn’t that bad for you, but better safe than sorry! It was close to impossible to find anyone to talk to about the problem on a Sunday, but we did find someone to fix it this week! I guess freon gas is very expensive, so now Scott will be getting some new freon as the rest of his birthday present. How did this hole get in the gas line you ask…well a hot wire touched it (and the rest Scott will have to tell you!) Needless to say, this whole ordeal really put a crimp in his birthday, so I have told him to forget about it and we will just celebrate again next weekend! Poor guy! Good thing the Super Bowl is next weekend!


I have another really busy week at work…this is by far my worst time of year (although there is really no good times anymore!) I'm looking forward to taking Hadley and Alyson to Sesame Street Live with Kristi on Friday night. Maybe then I will have some new pictures to share!

No comments: