Shabby Miss Jenn

Sunday, January 6, 2008

"You're Going to Flip"

This is my new favorite phrase of Hadley's. She has been saying it a lot lately and it always makes me stop dead in my tracks and laugh. Normally it goes something like this: "Mommy, when Daddy sees me in my new leotard he is GOING TO FLIP!" or "Daddy, when Gam sees that I can do XYZ, she is GOING TO FLIP!" I just think it is such a cute phrase to come out of a 3 1/2 year old! The other thing she has been saying a lot lately is "Mommy, I am growing like a weed!" However, if you tell her she is growing like a weed then she will tell you that she is "not a flower...I'm a kid!"

Well, for the past week the Skinner family has been doing what we seem to do best this time of year...GET SICK!! Right as vacation was wrapping up and we all needed to go back to work/school, Hadley came down with something awful. She had a 104.5 degree fever, runny nose, cough, sore throat, eye infection, etc. Poor baby even had to take eye drops (which she did very well surprisingly!) I stayed home with her on Wednesday and Scott stayed home on Thursday because I had to get some stuff done in the office after being off for a while! Seville has been recouping from her ear infection, and now Hadley has an ear infection on top of everything else. Scott has come down with a pretty good cold too! I, somehow, have managed to stay pretty healthy for the moment (knock on wood!)

Friday my Mom and Jon got back in town and were able to watch the girls yesterday while I went to crop and Scott recuperated a bit! It is always so fun to see my girlfriends...even if we do more chatting than cropping! Thanks Mom and Jon for watching the girls...we appreciate it!!

No comments: