Shabby Miss Jenn

Sunday, February 3, 2008

Fun Weekend Update

It has been a really great weekend packed with lots of fun things! I meant to post several times over the weekend, but it didn’t happen, so here it is all in one big post!

It all started on Friday when I got to meet up with my friend Aundria and her son Laith for lunch! Aundria is one of my friends from college and we have stayed very close ever since. Even though life is busy and we don’t get to see as much of each other as we would like, we still have such a blast when we get together. We could talk FOREVER, but unfortunately my one-hour lunch breaks don’t really accommodate that very well. We have made a new vow to meet at least once a month going forward so that there isn’t so much to catch up on! Her son Laith is almost two and is always such a champ sitting though our lunches. He probably won’t want to put up with it when he gets much older. Maybe we will have to start meeting at the McDonald’s playground or something!! Which brings up a good point I have always wondered about…why can’t places like Panera have playgrounds…why does it just have to be fast food burger places?


Friday night Kristi and I took Hadley and Alyson to Sesame Street Live: When Elmo Grows Up! They were so excited and we had a really great time! We had awesome seats on the floor that Kristi’s mom (Nana) got for us!! Thanks, Nana! The characters were only a few feet away…it was really neat! My camera was acting up and I didn’t get a lot of great pics, but here are a few. Hopefully Kristi will have some better ones! I think we are finally going to get my new camera this week!


Best Friends!
We sat in Section #1 on the floor! WOW!
Waiting for the show to begin!
Eating cotton candy!
Big Bird
Abby Cadabby
The Cast
Elmo

Saturday was another fun day! My mom and Jon watched the girls while we went looking for new cars. We really need something with a third row and have pretty much decided on the CX-9! After that we all met up at the bowling alley and took Hadley bowing for the first time. It was SOOO MUCH FUN!! Can’t wait to go again! Hadley had a blast and we had a blast watching her! There are pics below! One of her favorite things was watching the ball come back up out of the machine! Oh, and BTW…I won! I haven’t bowled since college, but somehow managed to get like 4 strikes and three spares! I didn’t even know how it was happening!! My mom says I might have to add bowling to my hobby list now!

Putting on her FIRST pair of bowling shoes!
Loves to watch the ball come up!
Her favorite ball!
Seville and Grampa!
Watching, watching, watching!
Right down the middle!
Right down the middle again!
Mommy WON!!
Today we went over to my Dad and Pat’s and spent some time hanging out with them! It was really nice! They also took us out for Scott’s birthday lunch! Hadley loves to laugh and giggle with her Grandpa John…he is always doing or saying something really silly!

Tonight we went to a Super Bowl party at our next-door neighbor’s house! There was tons of great food, and Hadley got to be reunited with her buddy Attey who moved out of the neighborhood last March and now just moved back in!

I came home to put Seville to sleep so Scott could stay and watch the game! Hope everyone out there is enjoying the Super Bowl!! Have a great week! Hadley starts Ms. B’s on Tuesday! Wish us luck…we are very excited!! Also, Seville’s ENT appointment is tomorrow so I should have an ear tube update!

No comments: